About Dr. Topal
My goal is to provide surgery designed for you that accomplishes the restoration of form and function in the least invasive way possible.
Every patient is a person and deserves to be treated respectfully. When you enter the office, you will experience a warm, welcoming atmosphere. When you see me in consultation, whether for a reconstructive or cosmetic issue, I listen first to what your concerns are and to what bothers you, and I examine the area in question.
Taking your concerns, body type, medical history and lifestyle into consideration, I use my training and experience to present options to you. We discuss the options and together come up with a solution that is right for you.
Depending on the individual and the problem, sometimes not having any surgery is the best option, and sometimes a large surgery is the best option. Before you commit to undergoing any procedure, I make sure you fully understand all the potential risks of surgery.
• • •
Dr Topal is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
She was born in Manhattan and grew up in Northampton,
Massachusetts. Dr. Topal is married, and has two young children.
Education and Training:
- Northampton High School, Northampton, Massachusetts, class of 1985
- Haverford College, Haverford, Pennsylvania, BA, 1989
- WUJS Institute postgraduate program, Arad, Israel
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, MD, 1997
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center combined general and plastic surgery internship and residency, completed 2003
- Dartmouth Outcomes Research Fellowship 1999-2000
- Interplast Webster Fellowship 2003-2004: Dr Topal spent a year traveling in Southeast Asia and South America providing free reconstructive surgery to underprivileged children and adults with the international humanitarian organization, ReSurge International (formerly Interplast).
- In February 2006 she went to Ganzhou, China, and in April 2007 she went to Binh Dinh, Vietnam. During 2008 she went to Dehradun, India in February, and Bamako, Mali in October 2009
- Before she moved to Northampton, Dr. Topal was an attending plastic surgeon and clinical instructor of plastic surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Northampton, Massachusetts
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons